It’s only the first quarter of 2019 and outdoor media advertising trends are beginning to take center stage as some of the most sought after means to promote business. With technologies advancing, it is not surprising how companies are going beyond traditional outdoor billboard advertising to create the most impact on their brands. Here are some of the best emerging outdoor advertising trends that you will continue to see more of as the year progresses:
1. Streamlined OOH planning and buying. Without home advertising continuously reigning supreme as a marketing channel, businesses are finding great value in data-rich media plans that streamline and speed up OOH planning and buying. The best OOH companies are leveraging technology in identifying, assessing, and recommending the best customized OOH solutions for clients, ensuring systematic programming and greater precision, especially when it comes to location-specific targeting.
2. Optimized creatives. Creative processes are also increasingly being driven by data, ensuring the delivery of relevant content based on audience preferences as determined by data collected through different interactive media channels.
3. Digital integration. More and more brands and businesses are recognizing the value and power of combining multiple media channels, including digital and traditional platforms, when it comes to promoting business and marketing messages. Digital solutions are also making location-based marketing more effective, especially when it comes to real-time delivery of messages.
4. Smart cities. Smart city concepts have been all the rage in the last couple of years. Today, however, with the proliferation of the IoT and even more connected devices, smart city concepts are becoming more and more real and advertisers are leveraging their interactive landscape as they create advertising campaigns that offer great continuity across different platforms. This makes campaigns even more memorable, impressionable, and actionable.
5. Experiential marketing. Another huge trend in outdoor advertising for 2019 is interactive or experiential marketing. While this has been around for several years, new technologies are making experiential marketing even more impactful as audiences get to interact with brands on a much deeper level by establishing not only tactile but also emotional connections between brands and their target audiences.